Friday, November 8, 2013

BMC is Going To Demolish My Home--Dr. Asha Andyal

Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Change.org

101 families in the Campa Cola compound will lose their houses for no fault of theirs. Tell the CM of Maharashtra to intervene and stop this tragedy.

 
Dear Rector -
I fought for freedom against the British in 1942. Now, I am fighting to save my home from the Bombay Municipal Corporation.
I am 90 years old and a resident of the Campa Cola compound, Mumbai. In just 4 days, the BMC is planning to demolish my home. 
They say that our houses weren’t a part of the original plan. The builders who sold the houses hid this from us.
This is shocking because the builders and BMC will go unpunished but our legally purchased homes are about to be demolished.
The only person who can stop this is the Chief Minister (CM) of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan. We started this petition asking the CM, to pass an ordinance that will regularise the buildings. 
This is urgent. If thousands of people like you sign this petitionthe CM will know that the whole country is demanding he stand by the citizens and pass the ordinance. 
Rector, as a senior citizen and a freedom fighter, I request you to help save our homesSign our petitionand forward it to your friends.
Thank you and Jai Hind,
Dr. Asha Andyal via Change.org

No comments:

Post a Comment